Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Episode 09-10-2009 – Help Desk My Ass

I would say things are getting bad in the world of help desk but ManCave experienced one of the most unethical responses from the help desk. He was sitting at his desk when the monitor on his desk went out. So like normal, trained employees he calls for support to get another monitor. The call originates in Cube City, gets routed to Outer World, and from Outer World back to the Philippines where a help desk analysis who sits on an old burn barrel for a chair and behind a desk made of bamboo answers the phone. How may I help you? ManCave of course says my monitor is bad I need a replacement. Now mine you, the guy who is going to make the actual swap of monitors sit no more than 200 feet from where ManCave sit. Help Desk Analysis response to ManCave; can I have your ID? So ManCave responds appropriately…It's right after this he starts to lose it….What do you mean you need the Serial #? What do you mean you need to know what type it is; can't you look it up for yourself? Why do you need to know the make and model of my car; are you going to steal it? NO I won't tell you the last time I got laid…hell no! I need a new F$#%'en monitor….that's all I need. All the time ManCave is giving the phone the bird. Coach has to step in to help it was getting so bad. Then the call ended. So, ManCave gets up and walks over to the repair technician to tell him the ticket number for the replacement and the guys says it will take about a week, I have 50 help tickets ahead of you (all the while he surfing the internet looking for a Halloween costume for his dog). What a day it was…ManCave Gone Wild!