ManCave sent out a simple request to the Lunch Gang asking if they wanted to go to the Lions Pre-Season game this Friday. Here’s what transpired:
ManCave
Got 4 tickets from Lions Girl.
2 should be coming from Nestordamus
Lunch Gang Lion Outing!!!!
1:03 PM Coach
I like what you're saying here
1:03 PM ManCave
She'll bring the tickets in later in the week.
I'll check with Nestordamus to confirm.
Is Prof in?
1:04 PM Coach
yes
1:05 PM ManCave
Professor!
You in town Friday?
1:05 PM Professor
Yes, in town Friday
1:06 PM ManCave
I am getting The Lion Girls' 4 Lions tickets. I think I am gonna get Nestordamus’ s 2 as well. coach and I are in so far.
Nestordamus confirmed it.
I have 6 tickets.
Lunch Gang Lion Game
1:07 PM Professor
What time is the game on Friday?
1:07 PM ManCave
8 I think
1:07 PM Coach
7:30
1:07 PM ManCave
don't have to stay for the whole thing.
Catch the first half with the starters.
1:07 PM Coach
yes
1:07 PM ManCave
Go to the brewpub
Atwater, Detroit Beer Co, etc.
both Lion Girl and Nestordamus have good seat
seats
1:08 PM Professor
Yes, I am very interested and will be able to make it. Like the idea of the Lunch Gang Lions game. Also, support the idea of brewpub visiting as well. I am in.
1:08 PM ManCave
Excellent! 3 in.
You think T-Mobile, BAGO or OM would go?
1:09 PM Professor
Let's do this da*n thing the right way!
1:09 PM Coach
Maybe...lets get them on this IM
1:10 PM Professor
OM - maybe. Bago- Maybe. T-Mobile might be doubtful as he will finally be able to eat.
1:10 PM Coach
He plays poker on Friday’s
1:10 PM ManCave
BAGO is offline
T-Mobile.
1:10 PM Coach
haven’t seen
1:10 PMT-Mobile
yes
1:10 PMOM
?
1:10 PM ManCave
You have plans Friday night?
1:10 PMT-Mobile
kinda
1:10 PM Coach
see
1:10 PMT-Mobile
y?
1:10 PM ManCave
Miller...u have plans Friday night?
1:10 PMOM
is he asking you out on a date?
1:11 PM Coach
there you go...
1:11 PM ManCave
I have scored Nestordamus’ s 2 Lions tickets and The Lion Girls' 4 tickets. Me, Coach and Professor are in
1:11 PM Coach
LG Lions outing
lets start the bus going down the right path
Path to the CHAMPIONSHIP!
1:11 PM ManCave
First half...then a bar/food place or two
1:12 PMOM
I am supposed to work Dexter Daze beer tent
mess with the drunks
1:12 PM ManCave
OK...Miller is out.
he will be Drunk in Dexter
1:13 PMOM
no.. not drinking
working
1:13 PM ManCave
oh
1:13 PMOM
policing
1:13 PM ManCave
what fun is that?
oh working
1:13 PMOM
oh it is fun.. let me tell you
1:13 PM ManCave
as in cop duty
1:13 PMOM
yep
1:13 PM ManCave
got it
1:13 PM Coach
I’m sure it will be a lot of fun
just think about it
1:13 PM ManCave
I will invite Chef Rich
1:13 PM Coach
OK
1:13 PM ManCave
Is BAGO around?
1:13 PM Coach
no
1:13 PM ManCave
need to extend the invite to him. No?
1:13 PMOM
he is around somewhere
1:14 PM Coach
he's away from his desk
BAGO!
1:14 PMOM
I just texted him to see where he is
1:15 PM ManCave
yeah, I need to get an answer from him. this is an event that needs to be planned accordingly
1:15 PM Coach
thats right
1:15 PMOM
getting a response now..
1:15 PM Coach
Its the LIONS
1:15 PM ManCave
T-Mobile...u in or playing cards/eating-like-a-savage-after-Ramadan this Friday?
1:15 PMT-Mobile
let me check
1:16 PM Coach
Right now
1:16 PMOM
claims he is "working on it" which means that he left the office at 11:30, went to his house for lunch, checked on one of his rentals, stopped by the hardware store, went back to his rental, and is now enroute to the WHQ garage
1:16 PMT-Mobile
what time?
1:17 PM ManCave
game is at 7:30. We'd roll either early for food then game or roll at 6:30 and do the game. Catch a half and then hit a place after.
BAGO is working on coming in?
1:17 PMOM
yes..
1:17 PM ManCave
u tell him about Lions game?
1:17 PMOM
he was here already
no.. i did not tell him
1:17 PM Coach
Add him in
1:19 PM Professor
I would recommend using Bago as an alternate. My vote is to invite Schmenge
1:19 PM ManCave
I extended the invitation to BAGO.
Chef Rich will get the OM invite.
if BAGO declines, I will ask Schmenge.
1:20 PM Coach
I like that
1:20 PM ManCave
and we are awaiting T-Mobile's decision.
1:20 PM Coach
All he can think about is food
1:20 PM ManCave
He is so hungry
and tired
he can't even type a response
1:20 PMT-Mobile
I’m out
1:20 PM Coach
what
come one
come on
1:21 PMT-Mobile
as we are invited to late launch at mu my uncle ... like around 5
1:21 PM Coach
we'll buy you a hot dog
1:21 PMT-Mobile
and I don't think I can get out by 6:30-7
1:21 PM Coach
OK. T-man is out
1:22 PM ManCave
Text sent to Schmenge
1:22 PM Professor
who are they playing on Friday?
1:22 PM Coach
Who's Schmenge?
LOL
Jets
1:22 PM Professor
You mean Marc?
1:22 PM Coach
That guy
I know him
LOL
1:23 PM ManCave
Marc Bryan Liljegren
1:23 PM Coach
WOW
Schmenge it is
1:23 PM Professor
Hate the Jets. Hope Sanchez tears his ACL on the first play
1:23 PM ManCave
BAGO answers Miller right away. Me? Nothing.
He loves him some OM
he even grabbed some Bieber butt the other night
1:24 PM Professor
They do everything together...
1:24 PM Coach
I seen that. wasn't sure if anyone else did
1:24 PM ManCave
i did.
1:24 PMOM
Stop it!
1:24 PM Coach
I started to get sick
1:24 PM ManCave
Dinner nearly erupted
1:24 PMT-Mobile
Everything!!!???
1:24 PM ManCave
it was a full on palm grab of the Bieber area
1:24 PM Coach
Just not right
1:25 PMOM
i was very uncomfortable
1:25 PM ManCave
as were we all
1:25 PMOM
where is HR when you need them
1:25 PM Coach
You got to talk to him
1:25 PM ManCave
Fab 5 ever show?
1:25 PMOM
nope
1:25 PM Coach
That would have been a lot of explaining
Especially if she started tell up north stories
1:25 PM ManCave
what would've needed explaining? Fab 5 or why BAGO grabbed OM's Bieber
1:26 PM Coach
both
1:26 PM ManCave
Angie has already met her, so I'm clear. lol
1:26 PM Coach
what's this world coming to?
You think your clear
LOL
1:26 PMOM
no one is clear with F5 in the house
1:26 PM Professor
Fab5 was a last minute RSVP and never showed.
1:27 PM Coach
There you go
1:27 PM ManCave
Professor violated a Man Rule.
never run out of keg beer
1:27 PM Coach
LOL
Struddle!
1:27 PM Professor
Bad planning on my part. Luckily plenty of other beverages were available. Just ask KC...
1:28 PM ManCave
Chef-Rich, Schmenge and BAGO work on the We'll-Answer-ManCave-When-We-Feel-Like-It texting etiquette. Bastages.
1:28 PM Coach
Fun was had by all.
1:29 PM ManCave
Chef Rich’s pasta was good stuff
1:29 PM Professor
Thankfully KC's wife was the DD...
1:29 PM ManCave
was he over served?
1:29 PM Coach
he's still recovering
1:30 PM Professor
He said that I should let Jim know he wasn't coming in on Monday....that was on Saturday night!
1:30 PM ManCave
what is this "we now have 12 teams" for FFL all about?
1:30 PM Coach
Yea T-Mobile...what’s this all about?
1:30 PM Professor
Had 3 calls on Sunday all telling me how much they loved the Chef Rich's pasta bar and spinach sandwiches
1:31 PM ManCave
that spinach/garlic bread was awesome
1:31 PM Coach
It was very good!
As was all the food
You really know how to put on a party Professor!
1:31 PM Professor
Thanks...great company as well!
1:32 PM ManCave
when did the FFL expand to 12????
1:32 PMT-Mobile
we talked about this during lunch today .....
1:32 PM ManCave
no WE did not
1:32 PMT-Mobile
we did .....
1:32 PM ManCave
The Commissioner was NOT informed
1:32 PM Coach
There you go T-Mobile...
1:32 PMT-Mobile
you did not join us for lunch ... see even me fasting and I still join for lunch
1:33 PM Coach
Could be a LIFE BAND from FFL coming up!
Trial starts tomorrow
1:33 PM ManCave
50 game suspension coming up!
for T-Mobile!
1:33 PM Coach
LOL
1:34 PM Professor
We may start calling you T-Rod!
1:34 PM ManCave
LMAO!!!
1:34 PMT-Mobile
Mike wanted to join so we needed another team to keep it even... i invite Tom and he accepted
1:34 PM Coach
T-ROD!!!!!!
now that's funny
1:34 PM ManCave
Oh man, Still laughing at T-Rod
1:34 PMT-Mobile
ok I will call m team name T-ROD
1:35 PM ManCave
So, "we talked about" translates into "T-Mobile invited them"
got it
1:35 PMT-Mobile
T-ROD MANSEL --
1:35 PM Coach
or T-BAG Mansel
1:35 PM ManCave
lol!!!! t-bag
1:35 PM Professor
even better!
1:36 PMT-Mobile
OK – LET US START THIS AGAIN …. Commissioner can we add two new teams to our FFL?
1:36 PM ManCave
ok sent Godfather Rosebud an email
Much better T-Mobile. Much better.
This could get confusing. Page's home email is:
1:37 PMT-Mobile
We have another Falcon????
1:37 PM Coach
Bowling Green Dude
1:38 PM Professor
Oh boy...
1:38 PM ManCave
another falcon
1:38 PM Professor
Rosebud and Miss Daisy have a private weekly appointment at 3pm on Tuesday where they sing the Bowling Green fight song together!
1:38 PM ManCave
just changed league settings to 12 teams.
now have to figure out how invite 2 more.
1:39 PMT-Mobile
Question is , who is the real Falcon?
1:40 PM ManCave
invite sent to page
1:41 PM Professor
The draft will be interesting this year. With more people we'll have to be more efficient
1:41 PM ManCave
12 is a lot to draft
thought to pick the last 4-5 rounds.
1:42 PM Professor
exactly, i don't think we can do it in 1 hour
1:42 PM ManCave
nope
prob take 1.5-2
1:42 PM Professor
agreed. may need draft part 2
1:43 PMT-Mobile
should I go ahead and extend the draft to 1.5H ?
1:43 PM ManCave
may have or break it into 2 lunches
1:44 PM Professor
yes, that or we do an after hours one at Fort St. starting at 3pm one day
1:44 PM ManCave
not a bad idea
1:45 PMT-Mobile
I like the after hour idea.... so we keep it for one hour for now
1:45 PM Professor
just don't know what family responsibilities others have after work
1:47 PM ManCave
Schmenge asking for permission to go
oh boy
1:48 PM Professor
what is it with him and asking for permission? nothing good will come out of that. might as well take him off the list...
1:48 PM ManCave
I know.
the wuss is afraid to ask. Hell, I'll ask Kim for him
1:48 PM Professor
exactly...
1:50 PM ManCave
I just asked him if he needs me to ask Kim.
1:50 PM Professor
seriously!
1:50 PM ManCave
he hasn't replied to me. I am trying to guilt the manliness into him
1:50 PM Coach
Something only a friend could do
1:51 PM Professor
I'll have to make sure to buy him a pair of pants for the next gift I need to get him!
1:51 PM ManCave
I know right?
1:51 PM Coach
Big Boy on them
1:51 PM ManCave
Whipppppppppppped
all we married men are.
he just takes it to another level
1:51 PM Coach
to a point I guess
1:52 PM Professor
What I don't get is that Kim seems very cool and can't imagine she would say no to something like this...maybe my perception?
1:52 PM Coach
maybe there a lot of history
1:52 PMOM
Ok.. Bago has taken his "how to avoid work" to a whole new level
1:52 PM ManCave
No BAGO is asking if his kid can go
Now
he is still "in line" somewhere
No his kid can't go
1:53 PMOM
yes.. I have picked up 20 or so vehicles in my day.. the longest took 34min
1:53 PM Coach
WOW...look at you ManCave. Never saw this side of you before
1:53 PMOM
he has been there for 2.5 hours
1:53 PM ManCave
says 10 in front of him
his kid isn't 21
no bar
out
done
or else my kid would go
1:54 PM Coach
I guess his kid can't go....right?
1:54 PM ManCave
LOL!
NO
unless we have an extra when the dust settles and he wants to DD
1:54 PM Professor
make sure you tell him that now. otherwise that will cause plenty of confusion
1:54 PM Coach
well...that's not a bad idea
that's right.
1:55 PM Professor
next thing he'll invite his neighbor and half of Edison street
1:55 PM Coach
BAGO has been asking a lot of questions lately
1:55 PMOM
there will be confusion regardless if he is involved
1:55 PM ManCave
I know!
1:55 PM Coach
Ask Stan
1:55 PM ManCave
Coach, Prof, me. Maybe: Chef-Rich, Schmenge, BAGO
1:55 PM Coach
That's all 6
maybe
1:56 PM Professor
2.5 hours to pick up a car? the vehicle was built quicker than that! We should swing by WHQ garage to check out how long the line really is
1:56 PMOM
he will have to be leaving for home soon
1:56 PM ManCave
As Charles Barkley would say, "That's terrible."
1:56 PM Coach
Production Rate at the truck plant is faster than that
1:56 PMOM
since he came it after 9:30
1:57 PM ManCave
start calling him "Part-Time"
1:57 PMOM
a new NY Times best seller.. "how to avoid work and still get paid"
1:57 PM ManCave
I can see him picture on the book jacket now
1:57 PM Professor
giving him the lifetime ban as well...B-Rod from this point forward
1:58 PMOM
along with "face time.. it's over rated"
2:00 PM ManCave
A simple yes or now works. Must be something in the water in Bago and Schmenge's neighborhood. They have the same address too, just diff street
2:00 PM Professor
Except Glen seems to be at his house more than Schmenge...
2:03 PM ManCave
alright me. I will keep you posted. 3 in. 3 awaiting answers. GO LIONS!!!