Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Episode 01-10-2013 – In a Circuitous way


Way back in 1984 Bago was lost in L.A. and decided to stop for directions to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre on the streets of L.A. The first person he came across was a bag lady pissing in an empty McDonald’s cup. Here’s how the conversation went…
Bago: Excuse me 
Bag Lady: Can’t you see I’m pissing here?
Bago: But I’m lost
Bag Lady: Man, I just missed the target. Dam you.
Bago: Sorry. I’m lost and I have an appointment at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. You see I’m getting my “Star” on the walk of Fame for my leading roles in movies as “The Dolphin Rider”, “When Flipper Attacks”, “Bare Back Dolphin Racer” and my Oscar Nominated Film “The Blow Hole of the Dolphin”.
Bag Lady: Oh, you’re that guy. Well, go 6 blocks turn right; go 5 blocks turn right; go 4 blocks turn right; then go 3 blocks and turn right again. It’s kind of a Circuitous kind of trip. Good luck!
Bago: Circuitous…I wonder what that word means. Bago wrote it down to look up in Webster’s Dictionary later.
Later that evening Bago pulls out a Webster’s Dictionary located on the desk in his room and looks up the work “Circuitous”. It read…
Webster’s Definition of CIRCUITOUS
  1. having a circular or winding course <a circuitous route> 
  2. not being forthright or direct in language or action <a circuitous explanation>
  3. confronting a bag lady when she pissing into a circular object