Thursday, September 27, 2012

Episode 9-26-2012 – Pro bono & ChapStick®


The day at the lunch table was going smoothly. A little conversation about how “free” stuff LG members grabbed at a local Cube City Expo (i.e. Guitar picks, Pens, Candy, pads of paper, etc…) then Mansel sits down. Throw everything out the window and shut the front door. 
The word “Pro bono” was mentioned by Mansel and I don’t think he was referring to the “legal” term. No, I know he wasn’t. The reason I know this is, the definition of “Pro Bono” is: 

Pro bono publico (English: for the public good; usually shortened to pro bono) is a Latin phrase for professional work undertaken voluntarily and without payment or at a reduced fee as a public service. It is common in the legal profession and is increasingly seen in marketing, technology, and strategy consulting firms. Pro bono service, unlike traditional volunteerism, uses the specific skills of professionals to provide services to those who are unable to afford them.

Yeah, Mansel wasn’t talking about that type of “Pro bono”, not at all!

Then ChapStick was brought into the conversation (Pro bono and ChapStick…you see where this was headed). There is some new item being sold in the Bago Café (formerly known as Goose Lane Café) “Love Humus” [I think Mack Daddy is got a little side job going]. T-Mobile said “there’ll be no lunch-and-learn on that one”. When Mansel got going on that, the party was over.

That’s all I’ve got to say about those subjects.